Getting back to this kit, I figured out what I needed to do. I had to pin the base all around to one layer of Timtex to hold it tight while I added the pockets, thread holding elastic, and scissor holding elastic with clear vinyl point guards. I sewed through only one layer of Timtex using the heavy duty needle.
When all the interior elements were done, I lifted each fabric section and put the heat and bond between the fabric lining and Timtex. Then I used the Heat and Bond to bond a second layer of Timtex on the backside for strength as the pattern directed. Then I carefully pulled the threads around the edge of the lining to gather the fabric around the double layer of Timtex. I tacked it down on the backside and gently set the interior into the shell.
After that, the interior had to be stitched into the shell by hand. The zipper gusset was bent back and I stitched it in. That didn’t take long!
Voila!! Here is the outside.
No, I don’t think I ever want to make another one, LOL!!! But it is loaded up and ready for class now!
I took it to the AQS show for classes in Charlotte. Wow, what a blast!! More on that next time.